14) Bills-Jaguars: BUF in white/white, JAX in black/black. Played in London, the first fully webcasted NFL game (thanks, Yahoo!) ever features all white vs. all black. All not so right. Coulda looked a lot better with the Bills in blue pants and the Jags in either teal jerseys and/or white pants.
13) Falcons-Titans: ATL in white/white, TEN in navy/navy. Hmph. You know me, love the Falcons in red over white. All white? Naw. The Titans in navy over white? Count me in. TT in all navy? Naw. Thank goodness for the columbia blue sleeve panels on the Titans or I'd have a fit.
12) Texans-Dolphins: HOU in navy/white, MIA in white/white. A heckuva lotta white, mostly Dolphin white. I don't know, but this all white Dolphin scheme just continues to be a wasted opportunity. Falis against a rather sharp Texans navy over white garb.
11) Ravens-Cardinals: BAL in white/black, ARI in red/white. Hmm, I'm not sure what more could be done here. The Ravens did right by me with the black pants, and the Cardinals do look nice in their red over white. Good combos that when meshed don't quite work out? Maybe. Should the Big Red have gone with a red-red look? Not really. Certainly not the worst of the week, but not the best, either.
10) Eagles-Panthers: PHI in white/green, CAR in black/silver. I have no issues with the Eagles in the white over green combo, because it's good. It's the Panthers in the black over silver. It's too, um, Raiders-like? The dashes of Carolina blue help, maybe they should go with the pale blue socks? Or better yet, the all black with the blue hosiery? But this matchup could attain glory with a blue touch up by Carolina.
9) Jets-Patriots: NYJ in white/green, NE in navy/silver. Except for that silly "white-out" in Week 3, the Jets have done the right thing in wearing the green pants with the white shirts. It does a lot to help the cause against the Pats navy over silver standard. Sharp matchup.
8) Cowboys-Giants: DAL in white/mint, NYG in blue/gray. This seems to be the NFL's version of MLB's Yankees-Red Sox. Every time they play each other, it's a national telecast. It's time to throw some variety into this mix. In the 1980's, virtually every time the Cowboys visited the Meadowlands, NY would force the Dallas hand and go WAH so they Pokes had to wear blue. It's time for this to return. Or at least try wearing the white pants, Giants. Normally a decent matchup, but becoming too familiar lately.
7) Saints-Colts: NO in white/gold, IND in blue/white. This isn't that bad, but I think I would have preferred the Saints in black bottoms as opposed to the gold for just a little variety. But somehow to my peepers the gold makes the Colts blue jerseys look more inviting.
6) Buccaneers-Redskins: TB in white/white, WSH in throwback burgundy/khaki. The Bucs do good by going with white trousers in this matchup. The 'Skins? Well, the throwback jersey is indisputably sharp, but the helmet logos and the throwback sleeve logos is just too much to bear for me. They don't match up and the left sleeve logo faces backward not forward. Solution: simply peel off the helmet decals and go plain burgundy. Next time, please.
5) Seahawks-49ers: SEA in alternate gray/gray, SF in red/gold. I suppose this doesn't count as color vs. color in some people's eyes, but it does mine. The Seahawks break out all gray against the Niners again as they did last season. Really, the grays seem to make the neon green pop a little more than the whites do. Pared against the Niners in bright red and gold, it's a not a bad sight.
4) Steelers-Chiefs: PIT in white/yellow, KC in red/white. Nothing fancy here, but some solid looking football uniforms. Red and yellow dominate with the proper dosage of Steeler black. One thing Chiefs: don't ever lose the sock stripes. They still hold up very well.
3) Vikings-Lions: MIN in white/purple, DET in honolulu blue/silver. Another sparkling NFC North uni matchup. No white helmets, but purple and silver lids atop white and bright blue tops accessorized by purple and silver pants. A sweet pairing.
2) Raiders-Chargers: OAK in white-silver, SD in alternate powder blue/white. Whenever the Chargers do the powder blue thing, hearts all across uni-geekdom soar. And maybe it's good that the Bolts use the powders as an alternate. It makes us appreciate the powders even more. They are so cool that they make the usually drab Radiers white over silver combo shine!
1) Browns-Rams: CLE in white/brown, STL in navy/white. Now, Brownies, this is looking good! Pairing a white jersey/brown pants/orange sock combo is quite eye appealing. And together with the Rams in navy over white and this looks dynamic.
That's a wrap for Week 7. We'll be back next week. Till then...you know the drill!